Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Chemo 2

I'm lying on the couch with the laptop. Chemo was fine today. Blood test first--all my counts were well within normal, and even pretty close to my counts from several weeks ago before any chemo was given. Only noteworthy thing: very long wait. Noah finally had to get up to check, and was told that they had called us a half hour earlier (though neither of us recalls hearing or seeing anyone--oh, well.)

Oh, and a second noteworthy thing was that Noah went out just before my adriamycin drip to try to find me popsicles. We keep trying to bring popsicles, because we've read that eating them during adriamycin helps to prevent mouth sores. Last time, they were total mush by the time I got them out. This time, we tried a much more aggressive freezing system, but had the same problem. So he went out to the little campus convenience store, and finding none, he took a walk pretty far from the hospital, until finally he found a place with really good Mexican ices. He made it back in time for the 2nd half of the drip, and I had a lime and a coconut. Mmmm.

We got home around 6pm after picking Kibble up from doggy daycare, and we went to a low-key restaurant for a meal, and now we're back home. I'm wiped out, though it may have nothing to do with the chemo--I worked really hard this weekend and yesterday (built Kibble a sandbox and did a lot of gardening, plus some actual school-related work) and probably just pushed too hard. Anyway, I think I'll watch Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, and then go to sleep. But again, I'm doing OK. My hair is still attached (oncologist and chemo nurse both warned me today that it faces an imminent demise). No nausea. I'm one of the lucky ones.

Zzzzzzz.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-huh-huh.
Uh-huh-huh.
Uh-huh-huh.
Uh-huh-huh.

You are very brave and special and ILY-WAY-MTYLM!

Heidi and Sarah Face The Day said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi and Sarah Face The Day said...

Thanks for the update. Glad you got through this one okay. Can't wait to see you NEXT WEEK!!!