Monday, October 02, 2006

Photo Monday! -- Hair Watch 2006

As promised. My hair is growing WAAAAAAAY more slowly than I hoped or expected. Tomorrow makes 9 weeks since the end of chemo (yay), and as of today I still look bald, albeit with 5 o'clock shadow. It's progress, but not arrival. My new goal is to be able to go "topless" by November. Please send all your hairy thoughts my way.

Here's the head today: And the last time:



And just to acknowledge growth where it exists...here's a closeup shot of my eye, where you can see that eyebrow and lashes are actually looking like the real things. By the end of treatment, I had about three single lashes left on the upper lid of each eye, and none on the lower; and I've been down to maybe ten eyebrow hairs, total. Now I can even go easy on the eye pencil, so this really is progress:

5 comments:

Heidi and Sarah Face The Day said...

Slowly but surely! It's like watching hair grow I guess! I think you are heading for a great weekend! Celebrate!

Upstater said...

You look terrific and the hair is coming along well!!!!! WTG girl

Anonymous said...

Damn! Now that is one fly-assed dome.

Anonymous said...

hmmm.cute. reminds me of the little bundle that came that snowy icy morning in Austin Tx. Dad

Anonymous said...

You're a hero to so many people. God bless you for being so wonderful, so you.